2019 Sawyer County Fair Dirt Dash
Sunday August 25th
Time Trials at 12:00 PM
Racing at 1:00 PM
Questions text or call
Fair President: Ron Kubarek 715-296-9000
$50 for car and driver at the gate (includes pit pass)
$20 pit passes (includes general admission)
$10 general admission (not allowed in pit)
1st - $1000
3rd - $400
4th - $300
5th - $100
Races will be started from a stop on a small oval dirt track. We would like to try to keep the racing clean however hitting and spinning out is allowed. No driver door hits! Race will not be stopped unless there is a roll over, fire, injury, or track is completely blocked. If you end up in the infield or off the track in any way you must not advance your position. You can return to the track in the position you were in or worse. No driving the wrong way on the track. No cutting across the track or waiting to take someone out. If you are only out there to target/wreck someone you will be disqualified.
Dirt Dash Car Rules:
• Any 2 wheel drive car, 2 wheel drive minivan, or factory 2 wheel drive compact truck allowed. Absolutely no all wheel drives or 4 wheel drives allowed.
• Must be 16 years of age or older. If under 18 you must have notarized parent permission.
• Driver must wear seat belt, helmet, and eye protection.
• Must have visible numbers on both sides of the car. Roof sign STRONGLY recommended.
• Must have at least 1 driver door bar that must be able to stop the door from being caved into driver. Grater blades work good for this, as well as flat metal front bumpers from FWD cars. (Taurus for example would work well)
• Full roll cages are allowed but not mandatory.
• Grille guard/radiator protector and nerf bars allowed.
• Interior should be stripped of all burnable material except for front seats, driver door pad, dash, and steering column.
• All glass must be removed except for the windshield. If windshield is removed the opening must be covered with wire mesh.
• Exterior lights, glass, fiberglass, and small trim/emblems that can fall off must be removed.
• All doors, hood, and trunk must be securely fastened with chains.
• Stock radial tires only.
• Battery and gas tank may be left in stock location or moved inside. They must be securely fastened.
Once the Dirt Dash is over vehicles that are still running and moving may compete in the first ever Sawyerio Cart event. An object, (we haven’t decided exactly yet, Baloon, beach ball ect) will be attached to the rear of each car. Last car with said item still attached wins. If the last 2-3 cars just want to run away from each other we will stop the event and it will become limited to the front stretch only, where you must drive to one end, turn around and come back until only one car has the object still attached, this is to finish some cars of and have fun putting on a show for the fans. Be smart, No driver door hits.
Please arrive early to have your car tech inspected before the race
(rules download file below)